Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Easter 2012! Life is Precious!


The aftermath of Easter Morning...time to count/open and sort the eggs and prizes inside!
At 6am we heard whispers of,"look, the Easter Bunny did come!, see, there's an egg right there, look there's another one, come on Sonny let's get em."  "WAIT," we scream from our comfortable bed, "we need to get the camera!  Wait!"  Stumble out of bed, find the camera and in the meantime, half the eggs are found already!  Geeze.  At least we had about 100 eggs, so the other 50 we got on camera...strategy. ;)


Dressed and ready for Church!

After church was the egghunt in the grass!  They had just traded in their eggs for candy and, as you can see by the expression on Sonny's face, he didn't want to take a picture, he wanted to check out his candy!  As I took this picture, he was actually saying, "CHEESE!" in a very angry voice! LOL!!
Sonny has changed so much in just the past couple weeks!  He's speaking so clearly and working very hard on not only saying the right word, but pronouncing it the right way.  He loves learning from his sister, who loves teaching him all about what she's learning at school.  He shocked me yesterday by announcing in the car that he was going to count to 100.  He started and got all the way to 30!  which was exciting to me since I've never counted with him higher than 20...must have been Sissy. :)  He loves the learning websites like ABC mouse.com and Starfall and Disney Jr.  He'll just go on the computer and bring up the websites and play/learn all by himself (sometimes with Alexya).  He loves to color and can write letter t and x and o.  He's very into Super Heros right now and can name most of them and pretends to be them.  This is a nice change from Woody! :)  His fav superhero right now is Green Lantern.  He puts his green power ring on and shoots me and things all around the house, including bad guys I can't see. "I just save your life mommy."

Speaking of saving lives...last week I was watching a show on TV and Sonny and Lexy were playing tea party with these little porcelin cups and suddenly Alexya screams and runs to the corner of the room.  Sonny walks over to me crying and with his mouth open and holding his neck so I try to stay calm and figure out what happened (with my screaming daughter in the background).  I ask him did you swallow something, is something in your mouth? and he doesn't answer, he just sounds like he's gargleing or something so I look in his mouth and I don't see anything, but I remember Robert telling me NOT to put my finger in and check because it might push something back into his throat and lodge it there. So after what seemed like forever (my life flashing before me of what would happen if I did this wrong and my daughter is watching and would my husband ever forgive me?, etc) I remember Robert telling me if an infant/small child is choking to first try back blows before the hymlic.  So, I pick him up and place him at an upsidedown angle over my knee and hit his back with the heel of my palm and "ding ding" out flys a nickel and hits the ground!!!  "Are you kidding me!!??" I yell.  Sonny then starts really crying and I just hug him and think to myself, "are you kidding me God, really?"  I don't even want to think about what would happen to my life/our lives if that had not ended well and thank God that it DID!  Needless to say I gave both kids the biggest lecture about putting anything, other than food/drink in their mouths and to check the cups before pretending to drink out of them.  It's just another reminder for me how fragile and precious life is and to Never take even a moment of it for granted...because it could all change in a moment.
 
 

Grandma Sush got the kids these 2 bouncy balls for Easter and they had such a great time throwing them around after the egg hunt!!  They had more fun with the balls than with the eggs!
 
 

On the way home from the church...I don't think they had any fun...;)

Gabby, Kara & Alexya.  3 Beautiful Easter Cousins!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Jessica! You tell the greatest stories; Mom is right, you could be an author.

We love all the Family updates and pictures, but the nickle in the throat story is just too scary.