Friday, April 13, 2012

Cheerleading and Doggie Playdate!


Alexya took a Cheerleading class with one of her best friends in her Kindergarten class, Sara.  They learned a cheer routine and a dance routine and had so much fun!  I got the impression that Alexya was born to cheerlead.  Watching her quickly learn the moves and not only do the moves, but throwing some attitude into them was so fun to watch!  I used to love to make up my own dace routines as a kid/teenager, but never made the cheerleading team :(  Very exciting to watch my daughter loving it and doing well at the same time.  Oh, and as a bonus, she's smaller than most of the girls in the class so she gets to be the "flyer" and get lifted/oneday thrown into the air!  She LOVED that! 
The class ended last week and next week she starts Soccer with her other BFF, Teresa.  She'll do that for 2 months and then pick which sport she wants to do next.  I already heard her mention doing Cheerleading again in the Fall, but with her friends Sara and Malory this time.  It's funny because I'm not the most social person, but having a social daughter is forcing me to make friends with her friend's Moms in order to coordinate all this sports and playdates...it's good for me ;).
Alexya is LOVING Kindergarten and just got her 2nd Trimester report card on which she did excellent!  I'm so proud of her because she's the youngest in her whole class and I was worried she might be behind, but she's keeping up and doing great!!  I love all the compliments I get from the volunteer moms about her.  Oh, and I'm not sure if I mentioned, but I'm volunteering on Fridays for her PE (which includes all 3 Kindergarten classes~90 kids!).  It's kind of chaotic, but FUN and she loves that i'm there. 
I can't believe how fast she's growing up and I'm impressed everyday by what an outgoing, smart, confident girl she is!
 



Doggie Playdate!  Kenobi & Primo
Candice & Darren came by a couple wks ago with Kenobi to visit us and let him meet his new cousin, Primo.  At first, Primo was scared and ran to me crying (this is the first time meeting another dog since being separated from his litter).  But, Kenobi is so sweet and just kept following him "asking" him to play until finally he wore himself out.  As soon as that happened, Primo got brave and decided to play with the "lazy Giant"...not only play with him, but he also decided it was time to take Kenobi's treats away and eat them himself!  See below the reenactment in the pictures of Primo deciding that whatever Kenobi had in his mouth, is what he wanted to take away and eat for himself!
You can kind of see the treat laying on the ground by Primo (it looks like a long stick).  He just took it out of Kenobi's mouth and was seeing "what else is in there???"


"Ok, give it back..."


"...don't make me hurt you," says Primo as he pins Kenobi in one try!


...(break time)...


"Ok, Now what have you got? Because I want THAT now."


Kenobi went home...Primo is just waiting...In case he might come back....
"Next time I see you, I'll be about your size!" (he's doubled in size since I took this picture!!!)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: