Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stealing Free Time to Update the Blog


Sorry, I've been forgeting to take pictures lately....but I will definately put up some of Alexya and Santino in their halloween costumes. Alexya is going to be Cinderella and Sonny is going to be Tigger (alexya's costume from last year...yes he is that big already).



Anyway, some updates include Sonny is holding onto furniture and "cruising" around one handed. He tried a couple times to stand up from a sitting postion and can do it and then falls down, but I'm very proud of him since that's still really good! :) He also can now chew banana chunks and cut up sweet potatoes...he gets very excited when he can feed himself...and so do I (since then I don't have to do it). Also, I taught him to throw his arms straight up in the air when ever I say "touchdown" so he's totally ready for football season.....even though the Raiders aren't!!! :(



Alexya is a queen at negotiations and bedtime involves the following conversation: "Alexya it's time for bed." "No, mom. I watch one more show." "No, it's bed time...let's go upstairs and I'll read you two books." "OK mom, one more show and ONE book." How do you argue with that??? She always figures out a way to get what she wants. She also remembers everything! Like if I say, "if you're a good girl at the store you can have a treat after." After an hour at the store & I completely forgot about our deal as we're getting into the car.... "I a good girl at the store mom?! I get my treat now!" The list goes on and on, but you get the point.

It's really amazing how different Sonny and Lexy's personalities are...but how they just love each other. I really love how, even though she likes to beat him up sometimes, she tells me she loves him all the time and even will sing to him when he's upset and it works! He calms down the instant she starts singing! :) I can't wait to see how they are together as they get older.

Some other awesome news that I don't think I posted yet is that my sister is engaged! She is going to be getting married to Darren on March 20, 2010 and I get to be the matron of honor! :) Alexya is going to be the flower girl again & she is very excited since it's going to be in the snow. Candice is buying her wings & a silver head band so that she can be a snow angel. Lexy's cousin, Riley, is also a flower girl and so they will be snow angels together! :) (sorry if I ruined the surprise Candice, but it's such a cute idea I had to spill the beans!)

Oh, ya, and lastly, I had a birthday last month...so I'm another year older....blah. Robert's parents offered to watch the kids after a Raider themed BBQ :) thanks thoughtful husband! We ended up going back to our house and playing cards with my sister and darren and long story short... ended up drunk and dancing in my living room!! It was the most fun I've had in a long time (my dad & sush's wedding), since I got to be me (well, drunk me) and not "Mom" for a night. thx frank and theresa! :) BEST IN-LAWS EVER!!! :) :) :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So you know she got that negotiation skill from her aunt Candice, right? ;)