Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mommy's Back to Work


For those of you that haven't heard by now (reason for my delayed blogging action) I have been blessed with the opportunity to work from home, doing what I used to do at Mervyns, but now working for Vanity Fair Brands. It is definately an opportunity of a lifetime I think because I am able to stay home with my little chica and get to use my gown-up brain (not that I was bored before...but I was heading there) and, oh ya, make some good money as well! ;)

I thought about it a lot when I was offered the job....I am great at multi tasking, but come on...can I work and take care of her? Turns out after working out the kinks for a month now I have set up a new routine. First of all, I have the best boss in the world (which is mainly why I took the job) who is very flexible when it comes to working hours. So after trying to figure out what works best for me and Lexy, I am working early in the morning 6-12 (our headquarters are in Atlanta so they are working at east coast time and this is great for them too) and then from 5-8pm (right before lexy's bedtime and when robert gets home). Obviously if needed, I can work whenever I want to catch up on things and finish projects etc., but this is my new set schedule which is working out great!

It's definately a new routine, one that is a learning curve for all of us, to be working again. Alexya is trying to understand why mommy spends hours staring at a laptop screen, while she is playing and used to get my attention 100% of the time. Robert is working as well and now is back to helping me clean the house and take care of Lexy while I work. We are all adjusting, but it's definately a great arrangement and opportunity, like I keep saying, because it was getting tight in the $$ dept. and this is a breath of fresh air! Like I said before, we are truely blessed. :)


Here's Lexy piling her toys into her basket on her car...so she can take them with her on her ride (thanks for letting us borrow it Catherine!). She finally figured out how to climb on it and sit, but still not how to push herself around. She sits on it and rocks back and forth and waits for one of us to push her around the room. She does, however, make very good car/motorboat sound effects by blowing her lips together while you push her!


Here she is in her new outfit/PJs from great auntie rachel. She loves how soft they are and they keep her warm and also match her jewelry! She puts her arm out for you to wrap the necklaces around like a bracelett and then you have to say "que bella" which is spanish for how beautiful and she will smile and walk around the room, making sure to keep her arm straight so that the jewelry doesn't slide off! So funny this chica!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Okay, thanks GOD you decided to update your blog because I was getting a little bored at work reading the same old thing over and over again! I am soooo happy for you that things worked out so well and maybe one day you guys will decide to put Antioch behind you and come down here where the social scene is at (the "scene" being me and Isabel). Umm...milk and orange juice together?? You weren't kidding when you said that she eats everything... Isabel has learned to be picky already...well not on food but while she's eating she'll decide when she's done. She'll push her bottle away and if you don't get the point she'll start screaming at you... yes my girl... Miss you lots and wish you were online to chat more often!!!! (Hint hint!)

~ Jolene said...

oh my gosh Jessica - that is great news!!! wow! what an opportunity!!! I hope you're all adjusting okay. That's so great! Milk and OJ together...she's crazy! haha! But oh so adorable.