Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break 2013 ~ Overdue Visits!


Spring Break was last week and we tried to fit in as much as possible!

On Monday, Alexya hit her 1st ever Home Run in her softball game!  We went crazy!  Her coach presented her with a golden baseball and award a couple days ago...so special!

On Wednesday, we went to Aunt Candice's office to take an office picture and the kids got to see Aunt Candice, Uncle Darren and Kenobi! 
Then we went to the Children's Discovery Mueseum in San Jose with my BFF, Debbie and her daughters, Isabel & Zoey.  We had the best time spending about 3 hours letting the kids go crazy while Debbie and I got to catch up on our lives...since we never get to talk! :( I miss her and love both the girls so much.  It was a great day and fun for everyone.
At the end of the day, when we got home, Robert & Lexy ran to the store and came home with a suprise cake for me..."Best Mom Ever" (pictured above).  I just started crying cause it was so thoughtful and sweet. :)  I love my family.

On Friday, we went to visit Uncle Caleb & Aunt `Drea (Andrea) and my niece and nephew, Gabby & Emerson.  We haven't ever gotten a chance to visit them and have them all to ourselves, so it was fun for everyone.  We even brought Primo along.

The girls played dress up and were so beautiful!

Emerson fell in love with Alexya...
 

...going in for the kiss...

...getting the kiss...off camera...

It was funny cause both Gabby and Emerson kept fighting over who got to sit by Alexya...meanwhile, Sonny was just off playing content by himself.

Happy Cousins!

Andrea brought up a good point, about how much Gabby looks like my mom...at first I wasn't that sure, but then Gabby's expression and her face (like in the picture above) is Exactly like my mom!!  She even has the same love for birds and curiosity about insects.  So crazy how strong certain genes are!  I love it! :)

Overall, we had a great time visiting and it gave our kids a chance to get to know each other better and build some friendships.  I think it's really important to us all that our kids be closer, since they are cousins, and they really haven't gotten the chance, since we haven't made it a priority until now.  We're all looking forward to more visits this summer!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: