Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day Weekend pt 2


We had the best time at a BBQ at Grandpa's house and fun in the pool again. Lexy loves to splash the water so hard like she's attacking it!...and sometimes it attacks her back! She got to spend most of the weekend with aunt Lauryn who stayed over two nights at our house and we had a great time! Lauryn got to feed and play with Lexy and it was so much fun hangin out. "bananas bananas" was the new dance Lauryn would do to entertain Lexy!

She also had a doctor visit today and she's perfectly healthy and growing strong! The doc said she was obviously very active and she's healthy. And guess what?? Lexy lucked out...no shots this time!! She's 2' 4.5" tall and weighs 16 lbs 4oz. She's also babbling like crazy while she crawls a hundred miles an hour and pops up and down like a rabbit and chases kitties. She loves attention! From anyone! Even staring down strangers as they pass by until they smile and acknowledge her...too funny...she even gets this dissapointed look on her face if they pass w/o smiling at her.

Did I mention that I am so so so so so so so so happy?!? I love staying home with her and getting to watch her grow and change every day! This is the best thing in the world and I am so happy that I can do it. I am just so content and happy being a mom, it's hard to put into words..but, it's the most rewarding and emotionally fulfilling experience i've ever known and robert is such a great dad!! I can't stress that enough, he loves his daughter so much that it makes me emotional just thinking about it. :)



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

~ Jolene said...

I'm so happy for you Jessica. Seriously, that's SO great that you can stay home with Lexy. I can only imagine how rewarding it is. Sounds like you had a great Labor Day weekend!

Debbie said...

You guys look so cute in the pool! I can't wait for that to be me! Any day now...

catherine said...

you guys do look so cute together. ditto the comment about being so very happy that you are having so much fun being a mom. it is truly the best thing in the world. now if they would only pay us for it. the overtime pay would make us millionaires!

auntmary said...

Jessie, it's been awhile since I've been able to read your blog site. What a treat. I love what you have done here. Not only is it a gift to your family and friends, Alexya will have such joy reading the story of her blossoming life when she is older. Her happy smiles tells it all....that you and Robert are wonderful parents. Can't wait to see you again. And happy 30th! Yeah! I'm off to see Aidan and Audrey tomorrow. Love and hugs Aunt Mary